THE 1930 FEDERAL CENSUS provides the first comprehensive look at Hampton Hills. With development beginning in the 1920s, many homes were still under construction at the time of the 1930 census, which explains why information on some homes built around that time may be unavailable.
The census took place during the month of April. The major differences between earlier censuses and the 1930 census were as follows:
- In 1920, the census asked “if naturalized, year of naturalization.” In 1930, the Census asked only if the person were naturalized.
- The 1900, 1910, and 1920 censuses asked if a person owned or rented a house. In 1930, the schedules also included the value of the home or the amount of rent paid each month.
- The 1930 census asked if the home had a radio.
- The 1930 census asked a person’s age at the time of his or her first marriage.
- In 1930, the census asked which specific war a man fought in.
Census records for Hampton Hills include the following:
- 1109 to 1135
- 1110 to 1144
- 1204 to 1240
- 1209 to 1229
- 1302 to 1322
- 1313 to 1423
- 1326 to 1430
- 1423 to 1431
- 1506 to 1614
- 1507 to 1603